Public finance transparency
In this section you will find our research, reviews, and initiatives on the following topics: public procurement and public finance transparency.
Since 2006 we have been actively working with public finance transparency by analysing how transparently public and EU funds, including the EU ones, are allocated and used. We have also released several printed publications regarding this topic, which you can find in the TI Lithuania library.
In 2006 (in Lithuanian) we conducted research on how transparent the allocation of the European Union structural funds in Lithuania is. In 2018 we conducted State investment programme (SIP) analysis in order to investigate how transparently and responsibly this investment programme is implemented, to which Lithuania annually allocates 1.3 billion Euros. SIP was started in 1997 when it was decided to purposefully invest into strategic infrastructure projects.
In 2020 we also joined the “Open Spending EU Coalition”, the goal of which is to promote transparent, open, and effective use of public funds. The most recent evaluation has shown that Lithuania was amongst the best countries in EU for publishing information about economic recovery and resilience facility (RRF) fund allocation – receiving 76 out of 100 points and was third amongst 11 countries.
- Study “Open Recovery: Transparency in the Recovery and Resilience Facility funds in ten EU countries”, 2023.
- Study “State investment programme – how we invest into infrastructure?”, 2018.
- Study “Use of EU publicity funds corruption risk analysis”, 2017 (in Lithuanian).
- Study “EU Presidency Anti-Corruption Scorecard”, 2014.
- Book “How much transparency is necessary when spending EU funds?”, 2006.
- Study “European Union structural funds support for Lithuania distribution transparency”, 2006 (in Lithuanian).
- Book “How transparently are we spending EU money?”, 2005.
- More information about public funds use transparency “Open Spending EU Coalition” can be found at www.open-spending.eu.
- More information about EU fund investment projects can be found at www.esinvesticijos.lt
Our interactive transparency search system. Search for information about persons of interest, institutions, legislative acts, etc.